A couple of weeks ago I was sick and had to drink soup-y things every day but all I wanted was french fries!
So when I got better, I decided I’d make them instead of going out and buying some. (Surely making them at home was going to be slightly healthier, right?)
I usually bake fries or roast potatoes but this time I wanted the grease real badly so I looked up a recipe and tried something new!
-3 medium sized red potatoes
-1/4 cup all purpose flour
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
-1 teaspoon salt (may need more for sprinkling on top when they are done)
-1/4 cup water, or as needed
-1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Slice the potatoes into French fries.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In the meantime, in a large bowl, mix the flour and all the seasonings together.
3. Gradually stir in the water and make it thin enough to be able to coat the fries with a spoon.
4. Put the sliced potatoes in the bowl and mix them around.
5. Once the oil is heated, drop the potatoes in one at a time so they don’t clump. Fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain them on a paper towel.
5. Sprinkle some extra salt on top if needed.
Also, what’s great about these is that they taste good even when they get cold and really stay crispy long!