Today is the day that I post a recipe that all my friends go crazy over and my mom gets cravings for! It’s super easy and once again very versatile. I make it a lot, especially when we do parties.
-1lb ground beef
-1 onion, chopped
-2 garlic cloves minced
-1 1oz. taco seasoning package
-queso cheese dip (I get this one)
-1 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
-tortilla chips (these are my all time FAVORITE tortilla chips!!)
-1 avocado chopped
-handful sprigs of cilantro, chopped
-1-2 tbs lime juice
-salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then lightly brown half the onion and 2 cloves garlic in oil, until translucent.
2. Add the beef and brown it. Once brown, drain the fat.
3. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water, bring to a boil then put the heat to low and let it simmer until it thickens (2-3 minutes). Stir occasionally. (or follow the instructions on the seasoning packaging for this part)
4. Once the meat is done, you are ready to assemble the nachos. In a sheet pan arrange tortilla chips, then sprinkle half the meat, then queso dip, then shredded cheese and repeat. (I like to do it in layers so that you get all the good stuff in every bite and not piled only on top.)
5. Put assembled nachos in the oven for 10-15 minutes. (until the cheese melts).
7. Serve warm with the pico de gaillo & chopped avocado on top.
Pico de Gaillo
1. Prepare the pico de gaillo by chopping tomatoes, onions and cilantro and mixing them with some salt, pepper and lime juice.
2. Serve on top of nachos.
-Line the sheet pan with foil so clean up is easier!
– I make my pico de gaillo different sometimes by adding corn and canned beans to it too.