I discovered this fried goodness last winter when my sister sent me a video recipe to try out. Winter is my time to hibernate and experiment with food so I tried it the next day!
-1 cup ricotta cheese
-3/4 cup flour
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp grated lemon zest
-1/4 tsp salt
-3 tbs sugar
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-Oil for frying
-powder sugar for dusting
1. Heat oil in a medium pot, over medium heat
2. Set out a plate with a paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, mix ricotta, vanilla, sugar, and eggs. Then, add flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt and mix it well.
4. Scoop out about 1-inch balls and drop them into the frying oil. Do about 5-6 balls at a time, depending on the size of your pot. Don’t overcrowd though. (Using a small ice cream scoop makes it easier.)
5. Fry them for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Take them out and put them on a paper towel. When all are done, dust them with powdered sugar.
-You can also roll them in cinnamon sugar.
-Serve with a berry preserve of your choice, I’m sure that would taste amazing!
Try making these this winter and let me know how they turned out!