I did this photo booth last year but never got a chance to share with you. It’s still relevant this year, you just have to change the number 7 to 8 if you want to try this out.
It’s super easy, festive and fun especially for the kids. Having four nieces, I am always finding fun things to do with them. Last year, some of their friends also came and we had lots of fun taking photos.
What you’ll need:
-kraft paper roll
-colorful construction paper
-yarn or string of any kind
-dollar store New Year’s props (optional)
What you do:
1. measure how much kraft paper you will need to cover a good portion of a wall, cut it and then tape it on the wall. (I cut 2 large pieces so the width is pretty big) Since we have low ceilings in the basement, I also covered some of the ceiling.
2. Cut the construction paper into about 4.5″x6 rectangles, fold in half and then cut from two of the bottom corners to the middle of the rectangle about 1/3 of the way up. The cut piece should look like a triangle.
3. Take a marker of your choice and write a number on each cut construction piece. In this case it was “2017.”
4. Take a string and hang the pieces on to one side of the kraft paper. (I used this method.)
5. Then I just wrote out Happy New Year with a sharpie and drew stars all over the background. I also cut out star shapes from the construction paper and taped them on randomly.
6. To make it more festive, I blew a few balloons and also taped them on the sides along with streamers in different lengths.
7. Lastly, I hung lights around the kraft paper which gave it a fun whimsical effect.
I had so much fun putting this together and I think the kids did too, especially the little man, Z. <3
Have you ever done a New Year’s photo booth? If not, would you want to try this one out?