The only good thing about winter is being able to drink hot chocolate.
As a lover of this delicious warm drink, I am pretty particular about how it’s made. It needs to be creamy, not overly chocolate-y (be made with Belgian chocolate), topped off with fresh whipped cream and served in a beautiful copper mug. #diva
Someone recently brought us a can of Bouchard Belgian Chocolate Coins and that is what I used to make this with. Otherwise, I probably would have used Cadbury (only from the UK though).
Yields 2 cups
Ingredients For hot chocolate
-1 3/4 cups whole organic milk
-1.5 oz of chocolate (about 1 bar of chocolate)
Ingredients for Whip Cream
-1/4 cup whipping cream
-1 tbs powder sugar (or to your taste)
1. Put milk in a sauce pan and heat it up over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, chop chocolate and prepare whipp cream.
3. Once the milk looks like it’s going to start boiling (when you start seeing small bubbles on the side), whisk in the chocolate in small increments.
4. Once it’s all incorporated, pour into cups and dollop with whip cream.
For whip cream:
1. Beat whipping cream until it starts getting thick. Add powder sugar and continue to whip until peaks form.
P.S. I know it looks like I just shaved chocolate over a huge cup of milk but that is just a layer of melted fresh whipped cream. *drool*
If you try this please let me know how it went. Tag me on Instagram using @tayonthemove or #tayonthemove. I love seeing what people do with my recipes! 🙂