I’ve decided to reminisce and do a roundup of my most viewed posts of 2016. I’ve come such a long way since I first started this blog, a little over a year ago. I want to thank all my loyal followers who continue to read my posts and support me by clicking on my blog on a regular basis. I appreciate it a lot!
1. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque – Abu Dhabi, UAE – I’m not surprised that this is one of the top posts of the year. Although I didn’t go to the UAE last year, it has been probably one of my most memorable experiences. And this mosque was a site to behold!
2. Sunken City – San Pedro California – If you look at the pictures from this post you will know why this is also on top. A city that sank and then turned into a piece of art, right on the Pacific Ocean? Umm…if you visit California, this should be on your list of MUST SEE places!
3. Waterfall Glen – Darien, IL – Ah, Waterfall Glen, I still remember when I went there for the first time. After weeks of below freezing weather, it was finally 40 degrees and the sun came out. This only meant that I HAD to go out and explore. And I’m so glad I did because this was probably one of the most beautiful wintery things I had seen! (I don’t like the cold.)
4. New York City in 2 Days – Part 1 – Doing New York City in two days was a challenge but because I managed to hit all the popular spots, it made the experience memorable. Not to mention all the amazing food!
5. Open House Chicago Series – Part 4 – My love for architecture is the reason this post made it to the top. After learning about Frank Lloyd Wright in design school, I knew I had to check out his home and studio which was featured in Open House Chicago 2016. I got to see it for free and it was awesome!
6. A Road Trip – LA to Chicago Day 1 – Driving across the country is something I had been wanting to do for a long time. I took up that opportunity when I moved to Chicago and I don’t regret it at all. It was an epic trip with awesome friends!
7. Laguna Beach, California – This is one of my favorite beaches in Southern California. It’s a mixture of sand, rocks and cliffs which make for the most beautiful pictures. The sunset from here is pretty breathtaking too.
8. Three Dunes Challenge, Indiana Dunes National Park – As a lover of hiking, this probably had to be one of the most beautiful hikes I’ve done recently (ever since moving to Chicago). Mostly because it was done in the fall.
9. Wednesday Wisdom: “You will never be completely at home again…” – A quote that really speaks to me.
10. FREEbie Friday – Adult Coloring Page & Typographic Print! – I’m so glad that something I introduced just towards the end of the year was popular. It gives me the reassurance that I’m doing something right! 😀
I hope you will check all these out and continue to support me as I grow and learn more about the blogging world.
I’d love any sort of feedback. Thank you! <3