In my recent trip to the east coast, I managed to go to D.C. quite a few times. In doing so, I have compiled a list of places that I ate at. I recommend all these places but I still reviewed them and gave them a rating.
1. Bareburger – Conveniently located in DuPont Circle this place is definitely worth a visit for those who love a good burger.
We started off with Macho Fries, they were loaded with cheese, guacamole ranch and other delicious stuff and I could not have liked them any other way! I really enjoyed my burger here, it was thick, juicy and very flavorful! Oh, I also tried duck bacon and it was unlike any other experience. It was SO GOOD!! We got it on the side just to try it out and I’m so glad we did because I’d definitely top it off on my burger next time!
All their burgers are organic and they use ingredients from surrounding areas which is always a plus in my books!
Rating: 5/5 – loved it all!
2. Rose’s Luxury – This is a fancy tapas style restaurant and slightly on the pricier side. They use seasonal ingredients and their menu changes throughout the year. I experienced foods that I had never eaten before like something that has eel sauce… or a rigatoni with anchovies and mint!
The most familiar dish of the night was this smoked brisket which was probably the best brisket I’ve ever had in my life! It was so tender and juicy and just melted right in my mouth. Also it was presented very beautifully much like all their dishes. In the end, we also decided to try their dairy free coconut milk ice cream and it was surprisingly very delicious!
In addition, I loved the interior design and their bathroom was probably one of the freshest smelling public bathrooms I’ve ever been to! lol
3. Zaytinya – Another tapas style restaurant but this time it was Eastern Mediterranean cuisine. I have zero complaints about this place (except for the dessert). Everything was so good especially the Seared Halloumi Cheese!! Oh man, I could eat that every day! We also ordered the Zucchini and Cheese Patties served with caper yogurt. Crispy Catfish, and Lamb Kabob with Tabouleh.
We also ordered dessert which was the only disappointing part of the meal.
Rating: 4.5/5 – Because of the dessert.
4. Romeo & Juliet – I actually came here earlier last summer and chose this restaurant because it had a nice patio. We ordered the Steak and Rotisserie Chicken. Everything about the steak was delicious; however, I felt the chicken lacked in seasoning but it was cooked nicely.
Rate: 3.5/5 – Because of the chicken
5. Duck Donuts – Like I have previously mentioned, I have never been a big fan of donuts. They never really appealed to me until I had fresh ones! And ever since then, I can’t get enough!! Duck Donuts isn’t in the actual city of DC but it’s close enough for you to go there if you are ever in the area.
When you enter, you get a sheet of paper with all the selection of donuts that you can customize. I wanted to go for something simple and got a powdered sugar one with salted caramel syrup. My friend got two different ones of which I also tried. All of them were delicious!
This list will obviously continue to grow. If you go to any of these places I would love to know your thoughts. And if you have any recommendations in this area, let me know about them so maybe I can check them out too!