In the spirit of spring and the fact that I love love LOVE flowers, I am going to show you how to make flower crowns!
The first time I made this was for a party I did for a friend who was getting married a few years ago. And when I made it, it was a real struggle but then eventually I got the hang of it.
I recently did another party for a friend and made these very spring inspired flower crowns!
What you need:
-Bouquet of flowers (one that includes filler flowers like baby’s breaths)
What you do:
1. Select the color combination you prefer
2. Cut the flowers, leaving about 1-2 inches of stem
3. Make little bunches of flowers and arrange them in a pattern you like so it will be easier to tape them on the wire when you are ready
4. Measure the wire around your head and cut it, leaving some extra wire to twist it close (I usually don’t close the ends of the wire until it’s time to wear it so that I can adjust it accordingly. Plus, I’ve made these mostly for others and I never know the size of their head. lol)
5. Using the floral tape, attach each bunch to the wire
6. Once done you can place it on your head and twist the ends to make the closed circle
1. Bobby pins can be used to secure the crowns.
2. You can double the wire to make it more secure/stable.
3. If you are making them a day or so before using them, make sure to put the flower crowns in between 2 wet/damp paper towels and store them in the refrigerator. This ensures that they stay fresh longer.