One of my all time favorite things is mascarpone cheese! IT’S SO GOOD!! I came across it when I had tiramisu for the first time ever and looked up how to make it. (Recipe for another day.)
This recipe is so easy and delicious and is the last one I’ll be sharing from that Tea Party from February!
-1 pint whipping cream
-4 oz. Mascarpone cheese
-1/2 cup confectioners sugar
-1 packet of sponge cake dessert shells (I use these from Walmart)
-1 cup or more blueberries
-small trifle cups (I made them in these plastic cups for a super easy cleanup)
1. Whip the cream in a bowl just until it starts thickening up a bit. Then, add the mascarpone cheese. Add sugar slowly and whip until it becomes creamy. Taste the sweetness as you go and add according to your taste. I don’t like my desserts to be overly sweet so I generally use less sugar.
2. To assemble, break up the dessert shells into small pieces and add them to the bottom of the cup. Next, add a tablespoon or 2 of cream, then add a few blueberries and repeat! (Yes, it really is just that simple)
3. Leave in refrigerator until it’s time to serve!
1. This recipe is so versatile, you can add any kind of berries to it and it will taste amazing! (I made these from leftover blueberries which is why there aren’t as many in the cups as there should be. oops…lol)
2. You can use pound cake or angel cake for this too, they should all work fine.
3. This is a great make-ahead dessert and really so simple and mouthwatering. The homemade cream adds an extra deliciousness to the whole thing which will keep your guests talking about it for days! (My friend S just asked me for this recipe last night and lucky for her, it’s up today!)